Monday, November 8, 2010

Parts Drawing Themselves


Usually when I sit down to draw "I" am the one that is upfront.  This means that I draw the way the parts feel to me.  They do not draw themselves.  This is mostly due to their inability to take total control of the body.

With this piece of artwork I tried to draw the parts at the top as I see them and then below as they see themselves.  I still facilitated the drawing, but the way they see themselves has more to do with the way they are feeling internally.

The angry part feels chaotic, so draws herself as a blob of scribbles.  The sad part feels pressured and alone, so she draws herself crying and with arrows pushing down on her.  The hiding part draws herself hiding in a blanket.  And the happy part just wrote down how she feels internally.

I think this can give an extra layer of insight into how parts are feeling, but it's pretty challenging to do unless I have a day with a lot of connection to the other parts.

1 comment:

  1. Titanium Machining | Tioga Arts
    The Teton Machining has been working babyliss pro titanium flat iron for over 20 years. apple watch titanium vs aluminum With a strong rocket league titanium white emphasis on columbia titanium boots craftsmanship and craftsmanship. Teton has thunder titanium lights been the gold standard for

    ReplyDelete